Both Programa Estratégico de Indução à Formação de Recursos Humanos em Engenharias (Pró-Engenharias – Strategic Induction Program for Training of Human Resources in Engineering) and Programa Estratégico de Indução à Formação de Recursos Humanos em Tecnologia da Informação (RH-TI – Strategic Induction Program for Training of Human Resources in Information Technology) – Pró-Engenharias/RH-TI – train High School students from public schools in the state of Amazonas. These initiatives promote the interaction between High School, Higher Education and the labor market in areas such as Engineering, Information Technology and other related areas, being funded by Amazonas State Research Support Foundation (Fapeam), with the support of the Amazonas State Departments of Science, Technology and Innovation (Secti) and Education (Seduc).

In 2012, the Pró-Engenharias/RH-TI programs initiated a pilot project at Instituto de Educação do Amazonas (IEA – Amazonas Institute of Education), experimentally training 80 High School students. Subsequently, the model was improved and adapted for use at Engineer Sérgio Alfredo Pessoa Figueiredo Integral Education Center (Ceti), benefiting 360 students.

The support of Instituto TIM provided to the Pró-Engenharias/RH-TI programs was used to acquire equipment and materials for setting up 8 laboratories – 2 mathematics labs, 2 physics labs, 2 robotics labs and 2 chemistry labs. The investment was primarily directed towards Ceti (80%), and the remaining (20%) towards IEA, taking into account the following criterion: the number of students reached by the program.

The labs set up with the support of the Instituto TIM were inaugurated on November 24, 2004, and the Amazonas Secretary of Education, Rossieli Soares da Silva, attended the opening.